tomcat-users mailing list archives

From michel <compu...@videotron.ca>
Subject Re: UTF-8 encoding in Tomcat 6.0
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 17:08:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "michel" <compukat@videotron.ca>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: UTF-8 encoding in Tomcat 6.0

>I am having a simmilar problem with Tomcat Version 6.0.26. I have a JSP
>with some french characters that run quite well on my local windows
>machine.When I transfer the JSP source code to the Linux server the JSP
>gets converted to java source code with the wrong character set. I have
>played with all kinds of  variations of
>
> <%@ page language="java" errorPage="/ErrorPage.jsp"
> pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"%>
>

> with no change. I am assuming that my jsp to servlet is set wrong ...
>

> Michel

Just looking for a hint here in the right direction ...

The JSP is compiled by jasper-compiler-jdt.jar, but in the previous versions
it was javac. So I assume that the reason why my French characters in the
jsp are being whacked when converted to a .java file is that I am missing a
configuration parameter in a file.

Thanks!

Michel