tomcat-users mailing list archives

From yifeng wu <yifen...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Two-way SSL setup as Tomcat as a client
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 22:13:02 GMT

I see. I guess I will look into using apache httpclient or some other library (any recommendation?).

Webshpere actually takes care of outbound SSL connection by configuration (no extra coding)
that's why I got confused.
Thanks for input, Chuck.

YF

> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:22:41 -0500
> Subject: RE: Two-way SSL setup as Tomcat as a client
>
> > From: yifeng wu [mailto:yifengwu@hotmail.com]
> > Subject: RE: Two-way SSL setup as Tomcat as a client
> >
> > I am refering two way SSL not just one way.
>
> Irrelevant; Pid's statement still stands: it's your webapp, not Tomcat, that is trying
to communicate with an external server. Tomcat plays no role is such a connection, it's entirely
up to your webapp. There is nothing in Tomcat to configure for this, since Tomcat is not involved.
You'll need to use the secure connection capabilities of the JRE or a 3rd-party library of
your choice to do the negotiation.