tomcat-users mailing list archives

From yifeng wu <yifen...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Two-way SSL setup as Tomcat as a client
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2010 14:57:34 GMT

Hi P, Thanks for response.

I am refering two way SSL not just one way. In two way SSL, tomcat not only needs to trust
server's root CA also it needs to pass its signed certificate to the server so server can
recognize it.
My experience for setting up Webshpere as 2 ways SSL client, it did take some configuration
in webshpere side.
Do anyone have similiar experience?

Thanks,
YF.

> From: pid@pidster.com
> Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 14:24:32 +0100
> Subject: Re: Two-way SSL setup as Tomcat as a client
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> On 6 Aug 2010, at 13:12, yifeng wu <yifengwu@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to make a call from Tomcat to another application server (Websphere)
and the communication channel is secured with two-way SSL.
> > I have been searching on the net for hours and cannot find the information about
how to setup tomcat as a SSL client (there’re plenty for setting up tomcat as a server for
two-way SSL).