tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sean McEligot <seanmc...@gmail.com>
Subject war not redeploying
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:57:42 GMT
My goal is that when I put an updated war file in webapps, it is
deployed either immediately or on the next startup. I prefer startup,
but I'd  be happy with either. What happens now is sometimes even
after restarting the expanded war is older than the war in webapps.
Nothing seems to get tomcat to notice the new war except: shutdown; rm
-rf webapps/appname work/* temp/*; startup.

My platorm is Windows, but this will be deployed in Solaris. I don't
know if this is a configuration problem or something in my code could
be preventing redeployment. At least knowing where to look would be
helpful.

Here's my current configuration, though I've tried many variations
including context xml fragements and unexpanded wars.

--- server.xml
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" deployOnStartup="true"
deployXML="true"
      </Host>
---
---- context.xml
<Context debug="1" privileged="false" unpackWAR="true"
antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true" unloadDelay="180000">

    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
    <WatchedResource>build.txt</WatchedResource>
----
build.txt is in the root of the war. it is updated each build using
ant's buildnumber task.