tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: OFFTOPIC: Java String problem - possible VM bug
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:25:14 GMT
> From: Steffen Heil [mailto:lists@steffen-heil.de]
> Subject: OFFTOPIC: Java String problem - possible VM bug

> The JREs testest are 1.6u20 and 1.6u21.

Which 6u21?  Just to be confusing, Sun/Oracle has released two 6u21 levels: b06 and b07.

There were several fixes for spurious out-of-range errors in 6u21-b06 server mode, so I'm
surprised this one is still there.  Look at this thread for a bit more information:

http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=127855283122103&w=2

Note that the Windows vs Linux may be a bit of a red herring if the CPU chips are not identical,
since different instructions are generated for different chips.

Does it fail if run in -client mode?

 - Chuck