tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Own Logging Handler not closing correctly
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:35:15 GMT
> From: pue85@web.de [mailto:pue85@web.de]
> Subject: RE: Own Logging Handler not closing correctly
>
> Anybody should be able to use the handler without doing extra
> things in their webapps...

I'm not sure that's a reasonable assumption, since you have the log handler established within
a single webapp environment.  Some interaction with the webapp is required.  Note that code
changes to an existing webapp would not be required; you can supply an additional, log-handler
specific ServletContextListener class to be configured in WEB-INF/web.xml that won't disturb
or interact with any existing listeners the webapp might have.

 - Chuck