tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Tomcat 6.0.28 with SSL
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:45:49 GMT
> From: Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00
> [mailto:jason.t.hansel.ctr@navy.mil]
> Subject: RE: Configuring Tomcat 6.0.28 with SSL
>
> Well, IIS is listening on 443.

Then Tomcat can't - unless you use different IP addresses for IIS and Tomcat.

> if I'd want to authenticate through Tomcat, can this be done on 8443?

Yes, just use that port in the URL.  But be aware that many versions of we-don't-need-no-stinkin'-standards-IE
get confused when SSL is used over something other than 443, so you'll need to verify that
it works with all the browsers your users have.

 - Chuck