tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:51:52 GMT
> From: Richard da Silva [mailto:roman_seaa@yahoo.com]
> Subject: WARNING: Parameters : Invalid Chunk "xxxx" ignored
>
> I am running an IDM application on Tomcat (I'm using version 6).

Be precise; tell us your _exact_ Tomcat version.  While you're at it, tell us the JVM level
you're running on, and the platform.

> But, for some reason, I keep getting the following error report in my
> Tomcat Server window :
> WARNING : Parameters : Invalid Chunk "<attribute name>" ignored

Both lines of the exact log message would be useful.

> Usually, I get up to a dozen such messages (for each attribute being
> fetched into my application). I have no idea what this means.

>From looking at the 6.0.29 source code (org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters), it appears
that it has detected badly formatted parameters on the URI.  You might want to enable the
AccessLogValve or use Wireshark to see exactly what's coming into Tomcat.

 - Chuck