tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6.0.18/ IIS 6.0 /SSL
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:07:13 GMT
> From: Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00
> [mailto:jason.t.hansel.ctr@navy.mil]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 6.0.18/ IIS 6.0 /SSL
>
> Would it be better to install the 32-bit if our IIS
> is running as 32-bit?

Other than the optional APR connector and service wrapper, Tomcat is pure Java and uses the
TCP/IP stack to communicate with IIS, so it doesn't matter which you use to with IIS.  What
does matter is that you install the same modes of APR and service wrapper as the mode of the
JVM you have.  So if you're using a 64-bit JVM, you must use the 64-bit version of Tomcat.
 Likewise, if you have a 32-bit JVM, you must use the 32-bit version of Tomcat.

 - Chuck