tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:32:53 GMT
> From: T. Gau [mailto:tgau@normad.de]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
>
> my Windows Firewall is 'Inactive'. Instead I'm using the Ashampoo
> Firewall FREE. But I could not connect to Tomcat via telnet even
> if I stop this firewall, too.

With Tomcat running, what does "netstat -anop tcp" show?  The Tomcat process should be listening
on ports 8005, 8009, and 8080, as in the following:

  TCP  0.0.0.0:8009    0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING  4720
  TCP  0.0.0.0:8080    0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING  4720
  TCP  127.0.0.1:8005  0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING  4720

(There should also be one other port Tomcat is listening on, but its value varies.)

If all of that looks normal, then I'd try running Tomcat on another machine, preferably one
with a clean installation of Windows.

 - Chuck