tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00" <jason.t.hansel....@navy.mil>
Subject Configuring Tomcat 6.0.28 with SSL
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:41:30 GMT

I am abandoning the IIS/isapi_redirect.dll method of authenticating via SSL
into our web application due to the "authentication" process taking a while,
causing the web app to run abnormally slow.

I am wanting to use our server certificate (PKCS12) as the keystore. I've
been doing a lot of research and it seems that I need to import the root
certificates into the keystore using OpenSSL. What I am not too clear on is
how to edit the server.xml file to accommodate these configurations. Here is
what I have thus far, however, SSL does not seem to be working.

Copied from Notepad:

<!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
         This connector uses the JSSE configuration, when using APR, the
         connector should be using the OpenSSL style configuration
         described in the APR documentation -->

    <Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               keystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\con\geo.pfx"
keystorePass="password" keystoreType="pkcs12"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />