tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Caching of static content
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:06:13 GMT
Can someone point me to the documentation on how to handle caching of
static content? Images and static HTML documents are all being returned
without cach-control response headers but I am unsure how to set these
values. Thus the files are being retrieved each and every time.

Also, how to handle the situation when you want a javascript file to be
cached but after a release you need the file to be refreshed on the

As you can tell I have been out of touch with web development for a

Thanks in advance!