tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom Jones <tjo...@acworld.com>
Subject Apache Tomcat Native library question
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:54:18 GMT
Hello,
I'm running Tomcat 6.0.26 on Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 and I always get the "Info" message ...

"INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production
environments was not found on the java.library.path: .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java"

I have found some articles on how to compile the native library but I'm still a little fuzzy
on is it necessary? Can anyone please speak to the worth of the Tomcat native library and
should I do it? I was also hoping to find out if it can be compiled as a binary that can be
distributed so that I dont have to put the Developer tools on my production servers?

Thanks,
tom