tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim-Christian Mundt <...@tim-erwin.de>
Subject another UTF-8 problem
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:06:28 GMT
Hi,

I've encountered a UTF-8 problem and yes, URIEncoding="UTF-8" is set.

I'm connecting to a web service which returns UTF-8 encoded data. If I
do so from a plain, regular, self-contained Java application everything
is fine. However, if I run the same classes in tomcat (and trigger the
action with a http request instead of a main() method in the
application) I get latin-1 encoded characters. For instance when I make
a call and receive a response which contains "Łódź" I finally get "?ód?"
(console, file, whatever output).

Actually the URIEncoding option should not have anything to do with
this, because I'm not sending a request to my application, but my
application is issuing a SOAP call to a web service. Are there any other
options to consider? Same response from the web service (checked with
Wireshark) but different outputs. I've no idea. Any hint is welcome.

Thanks
Tim