tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Sessions mix-up on Tomcat 6.0.26 on Linux
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:09:24 GMT
Ben Souther wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 12:45 +0200, André Warnier wrote:
>> Yawar Saeed Khan/ITG/Karachi wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I have developed a web application using jsp and servlets with oracle
>>> database.
>>>
>> and with Tomcat also ?
> Look in the subject line.  :)

Ok, I overlooked the subject line (*). Mea culpa.

However, a reeeealy long experience with problem reports tells me that when someone says :

"it is just the same, only the OS changes" or "I did not change anything", in the end it
never turns out that way.
So my questions remain, despite the subject line.

Basically, by asking these questions (and asking them over and over again), the purpose is

not to bother the OP.  The purpose is to try to delimit the issue properly from the start,

rather than having to spend 10 back-and-forth messages to do so.

Clearly in this case, if all elements were identical except for the OS, this kind of issue

would not happen.  Ergo, there must be something else than the OS involved.
I am just trying to find out what it is, and maybe in the process get the OP to figure it

out too.

(*) Maybe it was because it did not have a "HELP!!" or "ASAP" or "tomcat does not work" in
it.
;-)