tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Sessions mix-up on Tomcat 6.0.26 on Linux
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:45:56 GMT
Yawar Saeed Khan/ITG/Karachi wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have developed a web application using jsp and servlets with oracle
> database.

and with Tomcat also ?

> The application is working fine on windows,

Windows version, JVM version, tomcat version ?

but the problem arises when

> we deploy it on Linux(64bit),

Linux version, JVM version, tomcat version ?

we get session issues in the application.
The session variables get mixed up and we can see previously logged
user's profile page. The menu options sometime show of previously logged
users, sometimes currently logged user's.

> For example, session.getAttribute("role_id") sometime retrieves "3" and
> sometimes "1" depending on previous values.

Have you watched the JSESSIONID cookie in the browser after the different steps ?
The JSESSIONID cookie value contains (or should contain) the session-id for your current
session. This value should not change during the whole user session. Does it ?

What about differences in configuration between Windows and Linux ?
Are you doing any kind of load-balancing in one case and not in the other ?
Is there anything (proxy, firewall, load-balancer, http server, ..) between the browser
and the tomcat server ?