tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat sessions issue?
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:08:40 GMT
Pid wrote:

> After a cursory look through the server.xml, (cursory because of the
> trauma of wading through comments), I note:
>
>  <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="/opt/zimbra/httpd/modules/mod_jk.so" />
>
> The OP made reference to the jvmRoute="jvmAlfresco1", so I think we need
> to understand what's going on there to find a resolution.

I saw that too, but I believe this is just a reference to nod_jk's "auto-configuration"
capability.  It does not necessarily mean that the Op /is/ accessing his Tomcat's through

Apache/mod_jk.  And as far as I know, I don't think it would matter anyway.

There is another simple test of which I did not think before :
- login to instance A, verify it works
- check in the browser for any JSESSIONID cookie, note the beginning of the value
- login to instance B
- check again the cookies for JSESSIONID
If there is only one, and it has changed, then there is the collision.

I am willing to be convinced, but I am not sure by the way that the cookie path is part of

what identifies a separate cookie.
In other words, can the browser really hold two distinct cookies where the cookie name and

hostname are the same, and only the path differs ?