tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: newbie question re mod_jk
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:38:50 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
> Matthew,
> On 8/12/2010 10:42 AM, Matthew Fleming wrote:
>> I'm a newbie with tomcat trying to get a basic mod_jk configuration working.
>> I have a mod_jk.conf file containing
>> JkMount /Client_Access ajp13
>> JkMount /Client_Access/* ajp13
>> I'm not getting any errors in the file specified as JkLogFile, and netstat
>> -l shows a listening socket at port 8009.
>> I can load my servlet from http://localhost:8080/Client_Access, but I can't
>> load it from http://localhost/Client_Access
>> so mod_jk isn't working. What could it be?
> mod_jk doesn't read a file called mod_jk.conf, so you've got to be
> including it in your httpd.conf, somewhere. Can you check your
> configuration to find out where it's being loaded?
> It's possible that your JkMount directives are being processed at the
> "top" level of the configuration and then are not being made visible in
> your VirtualHost.
> I recommend a few changes to your configuration:
>> PS, here is my whole mod_jk.conf file:
>> LoadModule jk_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/
>> JkWorkersFile /home/mfleming/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/conf/
>> JkLogFile /var/log/mod_jk.log
>> JkLogLevel info
>> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"
>> JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
>> JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
> Leave all of the above in mod_jk.conf
>> JkMount /Client_Access ajp13
>> JkMount /Client_Access/* ajp13
> Move these two lines into your httpd.conf file inside the VirtualHost
> that responds to http://localhost/ requests.
>> worker.ajp13.cachesize=10
> As the logs state, this setting is deprecated. Check the mod_jk
> documentation for its replacement. You can find that documentation here:
> Just search for "cachesize". Read that section carefully: you might want
> to eliminate that option entirely from your configuration.
Furthermore, I would remove all the following lines :

and leave only these :

Also, relative to the last line :

check in your tomcat's server.xml file that you do have an uncommented <Connector> tag

like this one :

     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

This is, at the tomcat level, the connector that responds to your worker.ajp.port, so the

port number must match.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message