tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 2 POST requests to underlying Server
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:17:34 GMT
Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi
>
>>> (*) do you have any particular reason to use this setting, instead of the default
? Or is
> it just something you copied from some blog page ?
>

> 1) I have not copied the same from  any Blog , it is as defined
>    configuration  as is from the N/w team
>
> 2) Where can I fine the default settings for the same ?

In the on-line documentation, at
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

> 3) As I have already said We have put a Java script filter to disable
>    multiple Clicks for dual request from the Browser ( IE 7+ / FF 3+ )

Well, maybe it is not working.  Have you really traced the browser -> server side to see

if the duplicate POST request originates there ?

Plus, in your original message, you do not define very clearly what these 2 POST requests

are.  Are they really the same, from the same client, with the same content ? how close to

one another do they arrive ?

If it was mod_jk resending the same request after the socket_timeout of 10 s, then the 2
POST requests should be separated by at least 10 s.  Are they ?

As someone once said : Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

In other words : you seem to claim that Apache or mod_jk or Tomcat duplicates a POST
request.  This is not the behaviour experienced by the vast majority of Apache + mod_jk +

Tomcat installations.  So you need data a bit more solid than what you have supplied so
far, before someone will believe that there is another reason than the user clicking twice.

> With regards
> karthik

this multiple request activity?

> Unlikely, but :
>
> 1) simple test : remove this setting, and see if the issue still appears  (*)
> (By removing the setting, you make the timeout infinite)
>
> 2) use the mod_jk logging level TRACE, to see exactly what mod_jk is sending to Tomcat
>
> 3) It is unlikely that any Apache or mod_jk or Tomcat component would repeat a POST
> request, because that kind of violates the HTTP RFC.  So chances are, that the double
POST