tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: 2 POST requests to underlying Server
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:39:52 GMT
Karthik Nanjangude wrote:
> Hi
>
> Spec
> Java 1.5
> O/s : Linux
> APP Server        :  JBOSS4.2.1 (Tomcat built with)
> HTTP Server      :  apache_2.2.11 [ With out SSL ]
> Mod library        :  mod_jk-1.2.28-httpd-2.2.X.so
> LB  1 Apache     :  1 JBOSS:Port of application
>

> Question :  Some times We have observed that  on WEB Application  ( click on  button
in jsp )
>                  Apache is sending 2 POST requests to underlying JBOSS ( Tomcat server
).

> Note: We even put a Java script filter to disable multiple Clicks for the page,
>

> How we Observed :  Via TCP Thread dump using command    "tcpdump -i bond0 -s 1500 -w
/ tmp / test.pcap "

> Can this configuration "worker.node1.socket_timeout=10" got any thing to do with this
multiple request activity?

Unlikely, but :

1) simple test : remove this setting, and see if the issue still appears  (*)
(By removing the setting, you make the timeout infinite)

2) use the mod_jk logging level TRACE, to see exactly what mod_jk is sending to Tomcat

3) It is unlikely that any Apache or mod_jk or Tomcat component would repeat a POST
request, because that kind of violates the HTTP RFC.  So chances are, that the double POST

request is /still/ coming from the browser.

(*) do you have any particular reason to use this setting, instead of the default ? Or is

it just something you copied from some blog page ?