tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.18/ IIS 6.0 /SSL
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 22:30:15 GMT
Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00 wrote:
> Chuck,
> I was able to get everything working on my end. There is a *significant*
> performance decrease when running my application through IIS and Tomcat
> using the isapi_redirect.dll, as opposed to port 8080.

No way to know what you mean by significant, but from the tone of it I guess you mean
"humanly perceptible".  In that case, it is not "normal".  The overhead introduced by
isapi_redirect itself may be in the order of the millisecond.

Are you sure that the extra delay is not due to something happening in IIS, like the user

authentication e.g. ?