tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "T. Gau" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:52:36 GMT

@Thread dumps:
I attached some current thread.Directly after startup and after Tomcat
stops responding.

@Installation and start:
I installed Tomcat directly from a zip file and runs it from the given

@Prevented access:
I have deactivated the firewall as well as the virus scanner. But Tomcat
stops responding again.

What else could I check?

Thank you and kind regards,

T. Gau

Caldarale, Charles R schrieb am 05.08.2010 14:47:
>> From: T. Gau []
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
>> as I understand the netstat output the mentioned PID's are the client
>> ports instead.
> You are correct, André misread the output.
>> What seems conspiciuous is that the home page from
>> http://localhost:8080
>> is loaded but the images to the apache foundation and the powered
>> by are missing and the browser is showing as still loading.
> This still sounds like either a firewall is blocking traffic, or some kind of virus scanner
is getting in the way on file accesses, or the account Tomcat is running under can't access
the resources.
> How did you install Tomcat, and how are you running it?  I'd suggest running it from
scripts rather than as a service until you get things sorted.
>> After the freeze of Tomcat the Firefox browser shows the
> There's no evidence that Tomcat is actually freezing, since you continue to see activity
via VisualVM.  It still appears that something external to Tomcat is preventing access.