tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.18/ IIS 6.0 /SSL
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:43:53 GMT
Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00 wrote:
> Tomcat is not listening on Port 8009 using the AJP/1.3 protocol.
> I can change this line of code (just did it as a test) to reference port
> 8009 and I can see it's listening, however this Is not the protocol I am
> wanting.
>
>   <Connector port="8009" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="443" />

No, you don't want to do that. Leave that one to the port 8080 or so like it was before
(or totally delete/comment it if you do not want Tomcat to offer a HTTP interface.

> I have the isapi_redirect.dll deployed under 'Default' Websites in IIS with
> a Green Arrow. I used the 32-bit because we are running 32-bit as 64-bit.
>
> Seems that this connector is not even being read:
>
> <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

Verify :
1) that this Connector tag is not somehow being commented-out.
2) that in server.xml, it is located between the <Service name="Catalina"> tag, and
the
tag     <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
(If it is in the wrong section, it will be ignored).

Then restart Tomcat and try the netstat command again.
If it now shows Tomcat listebing on port 8009, then try to access it again through IIS.

I also suggest that when you start Tomcat, you have a look at its logfiles, to see if any

bad-looking message shows up.

It may be easier to stop Tomcat, delete all the logfiles in (tomcat_dir)/logs, then start

Tomcat again.