tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Memory leak in using SSL with Tomcat 6.0.18
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:47:41 GMT
On 04/08/2010 10:49, B. Balakrishna Rao wrote:
> Hi,
> We are using Tomcat<> 6.0.18 on Linux
environment(Red hat Linux) for our production.
> We have enabled SSL by deploying SSL certificates. We observed that, over a period of
time, the memory consumption is increasing and we are facing serious performance issues.
> I have taken a heap dump and analyzed it using Eclipse<>
Memory analyzer. What I found was, objects are
never Garbage collected.
> The leak report by Memory analyzer is as follows:
> 2,996 instances of", loaded by "<system
class loader>" occupy 219,843,760 (62.76%) bytes
> Upon drilling down, these objects are being held by finalizer method of GC.
> I have got the following similar link:
> Can anybody tell me if there is any memory leak issues exists with Tomcat 6.0.18? I read
somewhere that, the memory leak issue with SSL was fixed on 6.0.20.

Have you tried reading the changelog?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message