tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Memory leak in using SSL with Tomcat 6.0.18
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 10:47:41 GMT
On 04/08/2010 10:49, B. Balakrishna Rao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Tomcat<http://www.coderanch.com/forums/f-56/Tomcat> 6.0.18 on Linux
environment(Red hat Linux) for our production.
> We have enabled SSL by deploying SSL certificates. We observed that, over a period of
time, the memory consumption is increasing and we are facing serious performance issues.
> I have taken a heap dump and analyzed it using Eclipse<http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-1.html>
Memory analyzer. What I found was, com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl objects are
never Garbage collected.
> The leak report by Memory analyzer is as follows:
> 2,996 instances of com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl", loaded by "<system
class loader>" occupy 219,843,760 (62.76%) bytes
> Upon drilling down, these objects are being held by finalizer method of GC.
> I have got the following similar link:
> http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5266266
>
> Can anybody tell me if there is any memory leak issues exists with Tomcat 6.0.18? I read
somewhere that, the memory leak issue with SSL was fixed on 6.0.20.

Have you tried reading the changelog?

Mark