tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SingleSignOn Valve] Overriding deregister(String) method
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:57:26 GMT
On 03/08/2010 13:49, DJP JEAN-PROST Dominique wrote:
> [...]
at preventing user to enter login/password each time he wants to access a new webapp. It shouldn't
mean that because he used this feature he should log out for all the webapp he accessed.

> That's why I would like to "enhance" tomcat's valve so that it meets my requirements.
My question is : will I introduce such a change so that tomcat wouldn't work (is the fact
that the valve runs this way is a requirement for tomcat ?)

Tomcat won't care.

The user won't be able to logout in the normal sense (since the SSO
valve will sign them back in again) but logging out should invalidate
the session associated with that web app which is what I suspect you want.

Mark