tomcat-users mailing list archives

From laredotornado <laredotorn...@gmail.com>
Subject Character encoding question
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:23:49 GMT

Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.26.  I'm noticing that when our JSPs pages are served,
we frequently have "?"s where apostrophes should be.  We think this is
because the database-driven content contains the Microsoft style apostrophe.

My question is, if I adjust the character encoding on Tomcat, will it serve
the MS character instead of a question mark?  I read the default encoding is
ISO-8859-1, which I thought would include this mystery character, but
apparently it doesn't.  Do you know what encoding I should use and where I
should set it?

Thanks, - Dave