tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karthik Nanjangude <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject 2 POST requests to underlying Server
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 07:38:30 GMT
Hi

Spec
Java 1.5
O/s : Linux
APP Server        :  JBOSS4.2.1 (Tomcat built with)
HTTP Server      :  apache_2.2.11 [ With out SSL ]
Mod library        :  mod_jk-1.2.28-httpd-2.2.X.so
LB  1 Apache     :  1 JBOSS:Port of application

Question :  Some times We have observed that  on WEB Application  ( click on  button in jsp
)
                 Apache is sending 2 POST requests to underlying JBOSS ( Tomcat server ).

Note: We even put a Java script filter to disable multiple Clicks for the page,

How we Observed :  Via TCP Thread dump using command    "tcpdump -i bond0 -s 1500 -w / tmp
/ test.pcap "

Can this configuration "worker.node1.socket_timeout=10" got any thing to do with this multiple
request activity?

with regards
N.S.Karthik