tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marzia Forli <marzia.fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject tomcat 7.0 embedded usage
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:32:01 GMT
Can somebody please help me to setup a hello world example of embedded usage of tomcat 7 with
servlet 3.0 support...
I have a simple annotated HelloWorld servlet and would like to launch it from my eclipse environment.
I have:
tomcat-catalina.jar
tomcat-servlet-api.jar
tomcat-juli.jar
tomcat-annotations-api.jar
tomcat-api.jar
tomcat-util.jar
tomcat-coyote.jar
on my test classpath which is "target/test-classes" and have my project on "target/classes"...
I am using latest eclipse, java releases. Below is the code of where I am now...
Thanks

import java.io.*;
import org.apache.catalina.startup.*;

public class EmbeddedTomcat {
    private final Tomcat server;

    public EmbeddedTomcat (final String host, final int port, final String contextPath, final
String... classPaths) {
        final String tempPath = System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir");
        final File tempDirectory = new File(tempPath);
        System.setProperty("catalina.base", tempDirectory.getAbsolutePath());

        final File appBase = new File(tempDirectory, "webapps");
        appBase.mkdir();

        server = new Tomcat();
        server.setBaseDir(tempDirectory.getAbsolutePath());
        server.getHost().setAppBase(appBase.getAbsolutePath());

        server.setHostname(host);
        server.setPort(port);

        final File appDirectory = new File("target/test-classes", "webapps" + contextPath);
        server.addWebapp(null, contextPath, appDirectory.getAbsolutePath());
    }

    public void start () throws Exception {
        server.start();
    }

    public void stop () throws Exception {
        server.stop();
    }

    public static void main (final String[] args) {
        final EmbeddedTomcat container = new EmbeddedTomcat("localhost", 8080, "/", "target/classes",
"target/test-classes");
        try {
            container.start();
            System.in.read();