tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yun Feng Chua <yf_c...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: isapi_redirect.dll fail in SSO on high cpu load
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:18:30 GMT

Yes it is a IIS issue.
and i think i just solve it.

I increase the "Max number of Worker Processes" from 1 to 3 in the Default Application Pool.

and it works.

It will not prompt for authentication immediately anymore, but will just try to serve the
page when the cpu is not 100%.

I should say that the web application is very SQL intensive.

 If the application makes a large number of long blocking calls (e.g. long SQL/Oracle Queries),
more worker
processes

will help (assuming that the backend can handle the connection load).

> From: dblock@dblock.org
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:41:10 -0400
> Subject: RE: isapi_redirect.dll fail in SSO on high cpu load
>
> I am going to guess that some policy in Windows rejects the high volume of logons, too
many connections or something of that kind. It's most likely not a Tomcat problem. Andre suggestions
are pretty good in terms of isolating it. I would start by stressing IIS alone with a static
page in it.

a Waffle filter - http://waffle.codeplex.com.