tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Goren Il <gore...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How to call an external class from a webapp (i.e. - implement a plugin)
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:51:22 GMT

  There are 2 issues (not in order of priority):
1. The steps are not straight forward, and may cause the system to stop working (the customer
should change the WAR suffix to "zip", open it, add the files and rename it back)
2. When we provide a new version, we will replace the WAR and all the changes are gone.

Aren't there other webapps that have plugin capabilities? How do they implement this capability?

Thanks
G.