tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 郑翼羽 <ground...@gmail.com>
Subject How to split the default stdout log?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 07:35:48 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.28 in Windows systems. Because there are lots of codes
like "System.out.println(" some info here")" in the apps, after a few days
the file  "stdout_*.log" in the "/logs" folder becomes so large that we
cannot open it. Due to some reasons, I cannot modify the codes, so the only
solution is to make the log generated everyday.

I have tried the log4j, but I cannot redirect the stand output to the log
files. Only there log infos that send out by logging class can be recorded
in the logs generated by log4j.

Anyone know a simple solution to meet my needs?

--
郑翼羽