tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat /manager not working
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:16:05 GMT
2010/7/7 André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com>:
> I have made the change in the Manager's web.xml, restarted Tomcat, and so
> far all the manager functions and links seem to be working fine.
> Namely, I have added this mapping at the end of the existing
> servlet-mappings of the manager webapp's web.xml :
>
> existing :
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>HTMLManager</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>/html/*</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
>
> added:
>  <servlet-mapping>
>    <servlet-name>HTMLManager</servlet-name>
>    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>  </servlet-mapping>
>
> In my understanding of the URL-mapping rules,
> - the "/manager" part determines which URLs get mapped to the Manager
> application
> - then, after this "/manager" is stripped, for the remainder, the longest
> matching mapping "wins".
> So the "/*" mapping above should win only if none of the others does, no ?
>
> Am I missing something ?

1) The HTMLManager servlet uses the part of URI after "/html" (aka
request.getPathInfo()) as the command to be executed.

Having it mapped to two different addresses creates an ambiguity,  and
well as may bypass security constraints specified in its web.xml

2) I think that adding /index.jsp that will respond to the client with
a 301 redirect to contextPath + "/html" will work,  but I am not sure
that this feature is actually needed.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko