tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange difference in behavior ELSupport in Tomcat 6.0.20 and Tomcat 6.0.26
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 10:57:32 GMT
2010/7/6 Roxana <missblues@gmail.com>:

> What i don't understand is why, with the same code , Tomcat 6.0.20 didn't
> complain.  Is the type check in ELSupport stronger now?

Yes, it is stronger.

> In my case i try to compare two different enums: DocboxListColumn  and
> GenericListColumn, but they both implement  interface ListColumn.

The chapter 1.8.2 of the EL spec (jsp-2_1-fr-spec-el.pdf) says that
equals operator is applied as follows:
If A or B is an enum, coerce both A and B to enum, apply operatorr

BTW, if you really need to compare apples with oranges, you can
convert one of them or both to strings. There is no string "concat"
operator in EL, but there is support for  "Composite expressions",
such as “${firstName} ${lastName}”

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko