tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 郑翼羽 <>
Subject Re: How to split the default stdout log?
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:32:59 GMT
Thanks Andre!

But when tomcat5 starts, it will generate a file like stdout_yyyymmdd.log,
but when it runs for a couple of days, there will be only one file, and all
the infos are appended to that file. What I want is that tomcat can
automatic generate multiple files such as one file one day so that the
single log file will not be so large.
Like in log4j, I can set the parameter like
"log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender" so that
everyday it will generate a new file.

in the "logging" tab page, I can only redirect the stdout to a single file.

Does it support parameters like "D:\Tomcat 5.5\logs\{%date%}.log"?