tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: favicon when serving non-html
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:55:30 GMT
> From: Dola Woolfe [mailto:dolachin@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: favicon when serving non-html
>
> When I serve up a pdf file with the code below, it shows it in an
> embedded acrobat, as desired. However, the icon in the browser (in the
> tab) is the Tomcat logo.

Again, take a look at the HTTP requests you're getting.  There will be a separate GET favicon.ico
request which is normally handled by Tomcat's DefaultServlet, delivering the webapps/ROOT/favicon.ico
file.  You can either intercept that request with your own servlet or filter, or just change
the favicon.ico file in the above location to be whatever you want.

 - Chuck