tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Rewrite context part in URL
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 17:29:34 GMT
> From: daniel polonsky [mailto:danpolonsky@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Rewrite context part in URL
>
> As far as I understand tuckey can't help me in rewriting the
> application directory (context), but rather the rest of url
> following the context.

Not my understanding.  You'll need to have the filter in the ROOT webapp, since that's where
Tomcat will send requests that aren't satisfied by an explicit request.  At that point, the
URL rewrite filter can modify the request any way you want, and either forward or redirect
to the proper URL.  (I would think redirect in your case, so the proper URL will be used in
subsequent requests by the client.  If you choose to use forward, you'll need to enable the
cross-context attribute for ROOT in its <Context> element.)

 - Chuck