tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: RE: Tomcat 6.0.26 with Java 6 update 20 on Sun Solaris 5.8 Sparc - Web application unable to execute properly
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 02:53:20 GMT
> From: rahul [mailto:iamrahulus@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Fw: RE: Tomcat 6.0.26 with Java 6 update 20 on Sun Solaris 5.8
> Sparc - Web application unable to execute properly
>
> I installed Mozilla Firefox and on clicking "search" it printed out an
> error message that "The requested URL /workbench/Jsp/WorkOrderList.jsp
> was not found on this server.". Ran the same application parallaly on
> Windows and that works fine with Firefox as well.

I suspect it's what I told you to look for earlier - case sensitivity.  In Windows, case matters
very little, but on Solaris, it's critical.  Is the directory the URL maps to spelled exactly
the same way the URL is formed (eg, Jsp, not jsp)?  Is there a URL-pattern in your WEB-INF/web.xml
that might have the wrong casing?

 - Chuck