tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Shutting Down by Itself?
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:01:25 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 27/07/2010 21:20, Robinson, Eric wrote:
>>> this particular set of users of this complex application, uses
>>> a particular functionality of the application, used by no other
>>> set of users, and that particular functionality contains
>>> (or triggers) a bug that blows away the server.
>> That seems like the reasonable conclusion. The next question is whether
>> there is a way to trap it and see what is happening.
>
> Access logs and look for a common pattern?

That would be a possibility too, simple if it works.  But access logs have a habit of
being written at the end of a transaction, so in a case like this one, where the server
just disapears without any evident trace, you may miss exactly the one that you are
looking for.  I don't know about Tomcat though.

Would there be any specific way to catch a call to system.exit() ?