tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Shutting Down by Itself?
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:14:42 GMT
Robinson, Eric wrote:
>> Tomcat 5.x.y what?  Be specific.  Also tell us the JVM
>> you're using and the platform you're running on.
>
> Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
> Java 1.4.2_09-b05 Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Linux 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE i386

Gentlemen,
I think we need a minute of silence here, and a golden watch.
The above versions of Java and Tomcat are so old, that it is probably the explanation.
This Tomcat and Java are just trying to say, in the only way they can, that after some 10

years of good and hard labor, it is now time to retire them and have the burden taken over

by a new generation.