tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Hex characters
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:58:21 GMT

Independently of the questions of character set encodings and settings (for that, really
read the FAQ to which Chuck pointed you), the fact that you wrote this :

> The only thing that seems to work is if i replace the % in the hex value of the UTF encoded
string by %25

makes me suspect that there are actually /two/ consecutive URL-unescaping stages taking
place : the first one decodes "%25xy" into "%xy", then the second one decodes %xy into a
byte belonging to the UTF-8 encoding of one of your Unicode characters.
This is wrong anyway.

When you mention "running under JBOSS", does that mean that there is some webserver in
front of Tomcat ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message