tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat not working after moving installation folder
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:39:43 GMT
Kannan J wrote:
> I ran out of disk space on C: so I moved C:\Tomcat5.5 to D:\Tomcat5.5 and also edited
the executable path in the windows service registry. But now it doesn't start. It says
> "The Apache Tomcat service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0)."
> No log file gets written in D:\Tomcat5.5\logs.
> I also tried running it from command prompt but it says nothing much.
>
> D:\Tomcat5.5\bin>tomcat5.exe //RS//Tomcat5
> D:\Tomcat5.5\bin>
> D:\Tomcat5.5\bin>tomcat5.exe
> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000

This does not really look like a Tomcat message (but I may be wrong here).

> When I try to open http://localhost:8080 I see that tomcat is not running.
> Please advice.

You can also run :
netstat -ano

to see which ports are in the LISTEN state.

Maybe you overlooked the fact that the system variable CATALINA_HOME is still set to the
C:\tomcat5.5 directory ?

One question : does your Tomcat "bin" subdirectory contain files like "service.bat",
"startup.bat" etc.. ?