tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: Error: Invalid or unreadable WAR file : error in opening zip file
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 14:48:17 GMT
09.07.2010 15:38, Caldarale, Charles R:

>> From: Fernando Morgenstern [mailto:fernando@consultorpc.com]
>> Subject: Error: Invalid or unreadable WAR file : error in opening zip
>> file
>>
>> I'm running the following version of tomcat:
>>
>> Server version: Apache Tomcat/6.0-snapshot
>> Server built:   Nov 15 2009 11:02:53
>> Server number:  6.0.0.0
>
> That is not a good version number for Tomcat, being many, many years old.

Not necessarily that old - the "Server built" seems to indicate that
it's roughly 9 month.
To me, this looks like a Tomcat built from source. IIRC the
build.properties.default does set the various version.<foo> properties
like that (version.suffix is "-dev" not "-snapshot" nowadays, though).

> That makes the rest of the report extremely suspect.

Seconded. At least it should be tested if a recent official Tomcat
binary shows the same behaviour.

--
Regards
  mks