tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat /manager not working
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:57:40 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: tomcat /manager not working
>>
>> So the "/*" mapping above should win only if none of the
>> others does, no ?
>>
>> Am I missing something ?
>
> Yup - you've broken the non-HTML usage of the manager, which is what all the scripts
use to access the capability.  Don't do that.

Guys, I must be thick, because I still don't see that.
The other "usages" are specifically mapped, like :

   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>Manager</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/roles</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>Manager</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/resources</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>Status</servlet-name>
     <url-pattern>/status/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-mapping>
     <servlet-name>JMXProxy</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/jmxproxy/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

On my system, after the change I mentioned,

if request the URL :
http://localhost:8180/manager/resources

I get the response :

OK - Listed global resources of all types
simpleValue:java.lang.Integer
UserDatabase:org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase

If I request the URL
http://localhost:8180/manager/status/x

I get a nice status page.

If I request the URL :
http://localhost:8180/manager/deploy?config=file:C:/tomcat5.5/webapps/jsp-examples/context.xml
(which is wrong, but just for the example)

I get :
FAIL - Invalid context path null was specified

etc..
I am not going to play with /undeploy just to further verify my theory, but does that look

like I broke something ?