tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: tomcat /manager not working
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:21:53 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 07/07/2010 13:20, André Warnier wrote:
>> Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> Oddles of them. It breaks large sections of the manager app.
>>> RTFM. Specifically
>> Respectfully thus, (re-)reading the above page from top to bottom did
>> not immediately point out to me why it would break oodles of things.  I
>> accept you saying so, but could point me to a specific item or give a
>> small example ?
> The entire HTML manager interface.
> If you want to understand why, consider the manager app's web.xml with
> the proposed modification, look at the servlet mappings and using the
> rules for mapping requests to servlets defined in the servlet spec see
> if you can find any URLs that will be served by the HTMLManager servlet.
> (Hint: Most (all?) will be served by the Manager servlet)
I must be missing something, but that is not what happens on my local system.
I have made the change in the Manager's web.xml, restarted Tomcat, and so far all the
manager functions and links seem to be working fine.
Namely, I have added this mapping at the end of the existing servlet-mappings of the
manager webapp's web.xml :

existing :

In my understanding of the URL-mapping rules,
- the "/manager" part determines which URLs get mapped to the Manager application
- then, after this "/manager" is stripped, for the remainder, the longest matching mapping

So the "/*" mapping above should win only if none of the others does, no ?

Am I missing something ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message