tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: listener initialized twice
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:51:34 GMT
On 07/07/2010 13:22, daniel polonsky wrote:
> The same deployment runs OK on other machines and in development, while on
> server 2008 i am getting this error.
>  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError is thrown when creating a
> instance which is part of JDK and we do have a JDK 1.5 installed
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Mark Thomas <> wrote:
>> On 07/07/2010 10:44, daniel polonsky wrote:
>>> and here is the localhost log
>>> Jul 7, 2010 11:57:33 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
>>> listenerStart
>>> SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance
>> of
>>> class com.nextnine.web.ComServerConfigListener
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: tool/HandleFiles$2

I sometimes seen root causes get swallowed in this type of situation
(although usually with a security manager).

I'd suggest disabling the listener and then placing the failing code in
a JSP (so you can edit the code and re-test easily) and see if you can
track down the real root cause. Also, if you can provide the source for
a JSP that fails (and probably as well) someone here may
be able to spot the issues.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message