tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat /manager not working
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 12:20:18 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 07/07/2010 11:50, André Warnier wrote:
>> I have no idea if this triggers secondary unwanted effects.
>
> Oddles of them. It breaks large sections of the manager app.
>
>> If it does not however, then I would respectively suggest to the Tomcat
>> developers to incorporate this as a standard servlet-mapping for the
>> Manager, since the other one is a bit un-intuitive.
>
> RTFM. Specifically
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/manager-howto.html

Hi.
(NB: in my previous message, I meant "respectfully" instead of "respectively"..)

Respectfully thus, (re-)reading the above page from top to bottom did not immediately
point out to me why it would break oodles of things.  I accept you saying so, but could
point me to a specific item or give a small example ?