tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange difference in behavior ELSupport in Tomcat 6.0.20 and Tomcat 6.0.26
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:50:24 GMT
On 06/07/2010 22:20, Pid wrote:
> On 06/07/2010 18:20, Roxana wrote:

>> What i don't understand is why, with the same code , Tomcat 6.0.20 didn't
>> complain.  Is the type check in ELSupport stronger now?

Have you read to EL specification to see what the correct behaviour
should be?

Have you looked at the changelog to see if there are any changes between
6.0.20 and 6.0.26 that might apply (Hint: EL related changes will be in
the Jasper sections)?

This is *open* source. Have you looked at the svn commit messages to see
if there are any relevant changes?
(Hint: tomcat.markmail.org ha a nice UI that makes this fairly easy. The
EL implementation is in the org.apache.el package)

>> In my case i try to compare two different enums: DocboxListColumn  and
>> GenericListColumn, but they both implement  interface ListColumn.
>>
>> I hope you can help me with an answer

See above and you should be able to find the answer yourself.

> Bit of a mystery without seeing the JSP content.

I'm fairly sure this is an application bug but without a concrete
example, it is hard to be certain.

Mark