tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: favicon when serving non-html
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:10:08 GMT
On 06/07/2010 15:10, Dola Woolfe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I serve up, say, a PDF file, how do I control the favicon?
>
> Here's my code:
>

>    response.reset();
>     response.setContentType(IOUtilities.gMIMEType(fn));
>     response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "inline; filename=" + file.getName());
>     OutputStream outStream = response.getOutputStream();
>     synchronized(response.getOutputStream()){
>       outStream.write(IOUtilities.gFile2Bytes(file.getAbsolutePath()));
>     }
>     response.flushBuffer();
>
> Thanks in advance

If you mean "How do I specify which icon will be associated with a file
that I make available for download?"

You can't - the OS will always be able to override it.

The best you can do is present a recognisable MIME type in the
"setContentType" method call.  You're using another class there, so I
can't see what you're actually setting.  Do you know what is sent?

P.S. please note the following:

- It's "Tomcat", not "Tom Cat".