tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Getting a servlet to work within static pages
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2010 01:24:03 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> David,
>
> On 7/2/2010 10:04 AM, David kerber wrote:
>
>> On 7/2/2010 9:23 AM, Pid wrote:
>>

>>> Silly question, have you got the jars for that taglib in:
>>>
>>> ROOT/WEB-INF/lib?

>> Not silly at all.  I was thinking they'd pick up what they need from the
>> ginp webapp, but I've never done this kind of cross-context calling
>> before.  I'll try that.
>>

> Tomcat isn't going to load taglibs from another context, so you'd better
> deploy the taglib JAR in both contexts. Once you do that, use the
> correct taglib URI to reference it. Presumably "/ginp" isn't correct.
> It's probably something like "http://www.ginp.com/taglibs/v1" or
> something like that.

Yep, that's basically what's going on:  /ginp is the root of the ginp
context on my web site, and my ROOT context won't reach across the
context boundaries.  Unfortunately, the ginp project is written to be
build into a standalone .war file rather than a library .jar and a set
of front-end classes, and I'm having to do a bit of futzing around to
get the bits I need to work in my ROOT context, but I'm getting there.

It would require a major refactoring to get the http pieces of ginp
separated out from the parts that could be in a library .jar file, and
I'm not ready to tackle that right now.  So I'm looking at some kind of
deployment script to copy the .tld and other config files I need into
the correct spots in my ROOT context.