tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [OT] Using httpd's mod_rewrite with mod_jk
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 17:54:23 GMT
On 03.07.2010 14:08, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 02.07.2010 22:02, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>> Rainer,

>>> OK, I did a little test:
>>>
>>> RewriteRule .* /bad-browser.shtml [L,E=no-jk:1]
>>>
>>> should work. A quick glance at mod_rewrite's code indicates it drops E=
>>> rules when no value is present.
>>
>> You know, I should have thought of that. My other experiences with
>> environment variables and non-env variables with Apache was that you can
>> set a variable to nothing but it is still considered "set" (or
>> "defined", if you prefer). In this case, it is not.
>
> Right, I'd say it's a buglet in mod_rewrite. Maybe something I can
> improve for httpd trunk ... (I need to check whether it still behaves
> the same there).

I made the VAL argument in ENV=VAR:VAL optional for httpd trunk:

and proposed it for backport to httpd 2.2.x. It's a trivial change, no
risk, and a nice shortcut for configuration. Otherwise the module should
at least complain about an invalid flag syntax.

Nice cross project interaction :)

Regards,

Rainer